Sunday, February 12, 2006

This Blog

It's kinda sparse, eh? I'm taking a kind of "rolling start" approach...seeing where we're going before I start filling in the blanks.

I'm not sure what kind of personality we're gonna have here. For one, I personally don't have a whole lot of rare tracks to share (though Treblephone certainly does), and for two, I can't really see me posting exclusively on any kind of genre or time period.

I don't know of any good ska/bluebeat blogs, so I may be doing some posts on that. The genre I know best is early country, so I can see some of that coming up. But what I'm mostly interested in these days is 60s soul and gospel, so I'm sure that'll be coming up too.

So we could be in for a slightly schizophrenic experience - which may not be a terrible thing.

Still, I'd like to get some links going and get word out that we're here, but I'm hoping to get a better idea just who we are in the coming weeks. I mean, having some readers would be a great thing!