Silly 90s
I didn't really enjoy my mid-20s, which coincided with the mid-90s. I had a lot of issues and hung out with a lot of assholes.
I don't want to start succumbing to the grip of nostalgia as I enter middle age, but hearing this song today made me think of a time when something like this wasn't considered silly to listen to. I guess everyone will say something similar about the music of their youth, but in the 90s it just seemed there was more variety, more acceptance and less emphasis on being some kind of slutty hispter star.
Does anyone under 30 even do anything now just because they enjoy it? You can't tell me allt hose kids actually enjoy "Wolf Parade."
Anyway, here's the Sundays, with their second-best song ever - a beautiful little light, happy pop gem.
Summertime
I don't want to start succumbing to the grip of nostalgia as I enter middle age, but hearing this song today made me think of a time when something like this wasn't considered silly to listen to. I guess everyone will say something similar about the music of their youth, but in the 90s it just seemed there was more variety, more acceptance and less emphasis on being some kind of slutty hispter star.
Does anyone under 30 even do anything now just because they enjoy it? You can't tell me allt hose kids actually enjoy "Wolf Parade."
Anyway, here's the Sundays, with their second-best song ever - a beautiful little light, happy pop gem.
Summertime


<< Home