Sunday, October 15, 2006

Coming Out

Alright, I can't live a double life - a lie - any longer. I'm coming out. Right here. Right now.

I like Pat Metheny.



There. I said it. I know some of you will shun me, but I just couldn't pretend any longer.

And I suppose I might as well just admit that I like a lot of Dave Gruisin's stuff, too.

It feels good to tell the truth, but I know now nothing will ever be the same.

(P.S. I met him once...sort of. I was backstage at The Playboy Jazz Festival in...uh, '90 I think. I watched his set from behind and we nodded at each other as he exited the stage. He dropped a pick, which I "picked" up. I wonder what happened to that Pat Metheny pick. I think I gave it away.)

(P.P.S. I might as well get this out of the way, too. I also like Chick Corea's fusion stuff, especially his Akoustic Band.)