Gettin' Ugly

The UglyBeats are an Austin band that plays early 60s beat music. They put on one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Their attention to detail - in tempo, set list, energy, harmonies, tone - is remarkable.
They released their first LP/CD in 2004, titled "Bring on the Beats." It's a great collection of songs. I'm not crazy about the production - somewhere in-between DIY proto-garage sound and trying to make a big-label quality CD - but it's rarely distracting from the music.
I'm not sure how much they get outside of Texas, but if any non-Texans get a chance to see them, do NOT miss it. You will absolutely not be sorry.
They've been on the cusp of releasing a new record for a while now. Might even be done. I'm not sure.
Ugly Beats on the internets.
Ugly Beats on teh MySpace.
Ugly Beats at CD Universe
I'm the One
Don't Girl
Show em' some love. Buy their stuff and see their show. They're fantastic.


<< Home