Friday, November 17, 2006

Let's Get it Started



I know it's a bit early for Christmas, but this gives you plenty of time to check it out before the holidays kick in. This Halloween I found a bunch of great Halloween stuff, but it was just a few days prior, and I never got a chance to really enjoy it. So...trying to avoid that here.

This is a Truck Stop tape I picked up in '88 or '89. Not literally at a Truck Stop, but I mean it's one of those really cheap, 2.99 cassettes with no info and lousy cover art. This is probably still my favorite Christmas album. It's just a great mix of bands and songs - standards and goofy swing stuff. There's lots of 40s Big Band Christmas records out there, but this one just always stood out to me.

The sound is not bad, considering I've played this tape 8 million times and it probably wasn't the best quality to begin with. There's surprisingly little hiss, but at times you can hear a bit of tape flutter. Makes it "authentic." (I made a cover to go with. It's included.)

Anyway, here ya go. Hope you like it as much as I do...