Bow Down Before Your Zombies!
In honor of finishing my lame-ass commentary on the 16 best Zombies songs, here's number one - "Gotta Get Ahold of Myself." It was an impossible choice between this and "Whenever You're Ready," but in the end, I chose as I did because of the near-unhinged desperation in the vocal and musical delivery.
"Whenever You're Ready" is probably a more proto-typical and representative Zombies song with its rhythm shifting and gentler nature, but I could not deny the force that is "Gotta Get Ahold of Myself" - a truly moving song. Play it loud in your car, on your iPod or in your home. Its transparency and intensity is transcendent.

Gotta Get Ahold of Myself
"Whenever You're Ready" is probably a more proto-typical and representative Zombies song with its rhythm shifting and gentler nature, but I could not deny the force that is "Gotta Get Ahold of Myself" - a truly moving song. Play it loud in your car, on your iPod or in your home. Its transparency and intensity is transcendent.

Gotta Get Ahold of Myself


<< Home