Babybabybabybabybaby...dance!

If you're like me, you get a periodic desire to listen to The Cult. If you're like me (and you most certainly are not), you were into The Cult before Sonic Temple, before Electric...back to their finest days with "Love." I'd like to play a hipster-goth-indie card here and tell you I was into them when they were "The Southern Death Cult," or even "The Death Cult," but that would be lying. I did, however own those records, so I'm still cooler than you.
So cool, in fact, that I was a collector of everything Cult for the period between Love and right to the day they released the turd that is "Sonic Temple." Yep, I gots me B-Sides, Extended mixes and live cuts. Well, I did. Somehow, in the course of 80 moves in the last decade, I've lost much of that stuff.
I do, however, still own the 12" singles of "Love Removal Machine," "Wild Flower" and "She Sells Sanctuary." And because I love you so, I've mixed them into one ginormous (21 meg) "Ultimate Cult Dance Mix." Yeah, can you believe it? At one point The Cult were so popular and so respected that they had 12" singles and all kinds of swag devoted to every one of their single releases. I had even more of this crap on CASSINGLES (R.I.P.), if you can believe that.
Yep, people used to dance to The Cult. And I've got the proof right here.
And if you're good, I'll maybe upload something from their "Live at The Lyceum" tape, which is pretty damn good if you can get past them looking like rejects from Adam Ant's 1982 lineup.
(And if you're really, REALLY good, I might even upload some tracks from my SADLY EXTENSIVE library of Howard Jones and Gene Loves Jezebel 12" singles, B-sides, live tracks, remixes and demos. Really. Oh, and Level 42. I've got stacks of their crap, too. Because I was a cool kid. Shut up! You think I'm KIDDING!? Let's see how funny this is when you're face-to-face with a 14-minute dance mix of "Desire" and vinyl-only out-takes from "Dream Into Action!" We'll see who's laughing then...Monkey Boy!)


<< Home