Two-Hundred and Forty-Nine
That's how many people read this blog last week. OK, that's how many people steered their browser over here. I realize not all of them read it, and probably most of them were spammers.
Still, SOMEBODY's reading this damn thing, and that makes me feel bad for falling down on the job the last few months. See, I often write my blog posts (the "thoughtful" ones) at work, then post them when I get home. But a few motnhs ago, I wrote three posts - they were all fairly derogatory towards entities that needed good derogatorizin'. But at the same time I got hit by a round of "you're so negative" criticism, and I buckled. Well, not buckled so much as got pissed off.
See, things suck. A lot. That doesn't mean EVERYTHING sucks, that just means most things suck. And I hate that things suck. I hate things that suck. They piss me off, because things should NOT suck. Every time something sucks, I asks, "why does it have to suck so? It could've been non-sucky!"
So I basically decided...fuck em'. I wasn't going to be "negative." Which meant I wasn't going to write much any more.
But I got over it, and now I say, "fuck 'em," and I'm going to continue to write about sucky things (and cool things), even if it pisses off people I call "friends."
So, my special St. Douchebag's Day* gift to you is the gift of those three blog posts I wrote oh so long ago, but never posted.
Please enjoy the bile, and don't forget to wipe your chins on the way out.
Yours Truly,
Billy K.
*Props to Kelly for callin' it like it is.
Still, SOMEBODY's reading this damn thing, and that makes me feel bad for falling down on the job the last few months. See, I often write my blog posts (the "thoughtful" ones) at work, then post them when I get home. But a few motnhs ago, I wrote three posts - they were all fairly derogatory towards entities that needed good derogatorizin'. But at the same time I got hit by a round of "you're so negative" criticism, and I buckled. Well, not buckled so much as got pissed off.
See, things suck. A lot. That doesn't mean EVERYTHING sucks, that just means most things suck. And I hate that things suck. I hate things that suck. They piss me off, because things should NOT suck. Every time something sucks, I asks, "why does it have to suck so? It could've been non-sucky!"
So I basically decided...fuck em'. I wasn't going to be "negative." Which meant I wasn't going to write much any more.
But I got over it, and now I say, "fuck 'em," and I'm going to continue to write about sucky things (and cool things), even if it pisses off people I call "friends."
So, my special St. Douchebag's Day* gift to you is the gift of those three blog posts I wrote oh so long ago, but never posted.
Please enjoy the bile, and don't forget to wipe your chins on the way out.
Yours Truly,
Billy K.
*Props to Kelly for callin' it like it is.


<< Home